Home for the holidays: SF food edition
Lots of us will be out of town this week for Thanksgiving, but if you're staying in the city, lucky you.
- The weather is wonderful. The streets are calm. And, you can explore some food and drink spots that might otherwise be too busy.
🌯 For a breakfast burrito and a chance to pick up some holiday decorations, head to Kelly's Deli, a walk-up cafe located outside Home Depot in Emeryville.
- Chronicle food writer Cesar Hernandez recently wrote that it's among the best in the Bay Area.
🍻 For a pint consider Cellarmaker Brewing Company, which announced last week that they're shutting down their original Howard Street location at the end of the year after recently acquiring the Berkeley sour beer maker Rare Barrel.
- They'll be open Tuesday and Wednesday, but closed the rest of the week. Meanwhile, Cellarmaker House of Pizza in the Mission, which serves up plenty of brews, will be open all weekend.
- The silver lining for Cellarmaker fans: They plan to open a new location in Oakland's Jack London Square early next year.
- Note: It looks like San Ho Won is fully booked this weekend, but you can join a waitlist in case people bail, or try to walk in, which is usually the most successful strategy when they open at 5pm or for their last seating at 9:30pm, the restaurant said.
More San Francisco stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios San Francisco.