Lonesome Rose celebrates 5 years on St. Mary's Strip
The Lonesome Rose, the local music hub and bar off the St. Mary's Strip, is celebrating its fifth anniversary this week with a series of events and specials.
The big picture: It didn't take long for the Lonesome Rose to become a go-to on the Strip for local live music.
- The establishment made a name for itself in a nightlife district long known for its varied music scene over the decades.
- Now it's celebrating five years of business following finished road construction on North St. Mary's Street.
What's happening: Wednesday through Sunday the honky-tonk bar will host musical performances, karaoke and dance lessons.
The event lineup is:
- Cowboy Karaoke, 9pm Wednesday, free
- Garrett T. Capps & NASA Country, The Sons of Hercules, and Hickoids, 8pm Thursday, $8 in advance, $10 at the door
- Dale Watson, Santiago Jimenez, Jr., and Christine Roberts & the So and So's, 8pm Friday, $20 in advance, $25 at the door
- Brennen Leigh, Los Texmaniacs, and The In & Outlaws, 8pm Saturday, $8 in advance, $10 at the door
- The Texases, DJ Big Tex, and Dance Lessons, 5pm Sunday, free
Plus, a special food and drink menu will be available for the anniversary events.
- The menu includes Texas wagyu pit beef sandwiches, smoked pit turkey, poutine, pizza logs, nuggets and french fries.
- A specialty shot called Neon Moon is made with vodka, mango and lime.
More San Antonio stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios San Antonio.