Toyota Center ranks nationally for walkability
Toyota Center is among the most walkable NBA stadiums in the country.
Driving the news: The arena has a transit score of 85 out of 100, according to Walk Score, a Redfin company that promotes walkable neighborhoods.
- Toyota Center ranked eighth among 29 NBA stadiums.
What's happening: Redfin measured how well NBA arenas are served by public transportation.
- The company assigns nearby transit routes a "usefulness" value on frequency, type and distance between stops.
- A transit score of 90–100 means public transportation near the arena is world class, and a score of 70–89 means there are convenient transportation options for most trips.
Between the lines: Toyota Center is five blocks from Metro's Red Line in downtown.
- Pro tip: If you're taking public transportation to the arena, your best bet is finding a bus that takes you to one of several transit centers along the Red Line and then taking the train to Bell station.
By the numbers: Five NBA arenas have a transit score of 100, according to WalkScore, including TD Garden in Boston and Madison Square Garden in New York.
- Paycom Center, FedExForum and San Antonio's Frost Bank Center rank the lowest.
Be smart: There are 30 NBA teams and 29 arenas — the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers play in the same arena.
More Houston stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Houston.