Things to do in Houston, Oct. 7-9
🥙 Eat, shop and enjoy performances at the Original Greek Festival at Montrose's Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral.
- The festival is 11am–10:30pm today and tomorrow.
🎨 Check out artwork at the Bayou City Art Festival.
- The event runs 10am–6pm Saturday and Sunday along Allen Parkway between Sabine and Bagby streets.
- Tickets start at $18, with special VIP options available. Tickets for kids ages 6–12 are $5.
🎶 Enjoy a day celebrating Black culture at the Black Heritage Fest in Emancipation Park this weekend.
- The two-day festival features performances from Eric Benét and Elle Varner.
- The event runs from 4-10pm tomorrow and Sunday.
🎇 Celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights, on Sunday in Sugar Land Town Square.
- A jampacked schedule of performances runs from 4pm–8pm.
- Ashirwad A Blessing is planning to donate 1,000 home-cooked meals for the unhoused. To participate, here's more information.
📚 Commemorate the Fort Bend County Library's 75th anniversary tomorrow at the George Memorial Library in Richmond.
- Special events and activities run from 10am–3pm.
🍺 Enjoy Oktoberfest at Karbach Brewing's Karbachtoberfest.
- The third and final weekend of festivities today through Sunday includes performances from Hayes Carll and the Live Oompah Band, plus wiener dog races.
More Houston stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Houston.