The Goblin has Detroit's best sushi experience
✌🏼 Sam here. I posted this year that the city's sushi scene sucks, and while I'm not here to tell you I was wrong, I am here to admit I sent that before visiting The Goblin near Corktown!
- It's the best you can find in Detroit — the other dedicated options are far, far behind.
- Maru and Bash have quality food, but can both be hit or miss depending on what you order.
State of play: The inside of the restaurant is a content creator's dream.
- The bright furniture and decor (which are probably all just from IKEA) give a cute and clean, soft-around-the-edges vibe that would make Hello Kitty fans smile.
- The Gen Z aura is helped by the fact the restaurant is always playing K-pop videos on the TV.
Quick take: I've tried The Goblin twice via DoorDash and once dining in — the quality of the food was the same each time.
- The ingredients are fresh and the sushi is constructed with care. It's not going to fall out when dipping it into the soy sauce and wasabi with chopsticks.
- Plus, there are fun 21+ drinks, like Ferndale-based Tin Can Cocktails' strawberry and cran mule.
If you go: The Goblin is open 4-10pm Monday-Thursday and noon-10pm Friday-Sunday.
- 2547 Bagley St.
More Detroit stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Detroit.