The tastiest chicken wings in Detroit
👋 Sam here with a burning question — is Sweetwater Tavern still serving the tastiest chicken wings in Detroit?
- Yes, and it's not even close.
The intrigue: Word on my street is that the restaurant's staple wings went down in quality since the pandemic, but I'm here to report that's not true.
- I ate here once before I moved to Detroit last year and they taste just as I remember. You won't get chicken anywhere near this good at Buffalo Wild Wings or Wingstop.
State of play: I ordered the wings and rib tips dinner, which comes with a decent serving of rib tips smothered in barbecue sauce, plus five or six wings.
- Sweetwater's signature wings have a crispy bite with a smokey flavor and just the right amount of spiciness.
- The rib tips are also great, but not as distinctive as the wings — I slathered the wings and dipped my seasoned fries in the barbecue sauce pooling up in the corner of the plate.
If you go: You can find parking near the restaurant, but it's more likely you'll have to park across some blocks on the street.
- It's open 11am-2am daily.
📬 Have you been to Sweetwater recently? Email [email protected] to let us know if agree or disagree.
More Detroit stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Detroit.