Mar 24, 2023 - Food and Drink
The best pizza in the Des Moines metro
We asked you last week where to find the best metro pizza as part of our Pi Day celebrations.
- Here are your great recommendations — in no specific order — along with a few menu item suggestions.
- Order thin crust. — R. Foster, Johnston
- Try it with ham, as they use "real crumbled/chopped ham, not Canadian bacon." — Jeff Porter, DSM
- "I'm a gluten-free person … I'm loving the cauliflower crust pizza. — Barbie Bush, DSM
- Order the Aunt Angie special, which has Graziano's capocollo and handmade meatballs. — Ryan Klumpers, DSM
- Special order a Quattro Formaggi and add prosciutto and fresh basil. — Jeni Dooley, DSM
- It's hard to beat Stew's Special, which has meatballs, pepperoni, sausage, peppers and onions. — Brittney Haskins, DSM
- A good choice is the thin crust Meat Galore, which has beef, ham, pepperoni and sausage. — Mary Rempp, Urbandale
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.