Parlor Pizza Joint opens in the Beaverdale neighborhood this Friday.
- You'll soon be able to order Detroit-style pies in the spot where a Saint's Pub and Patio was previously located, 4041 Urbandale Ave in Des Moines.
- He also plans to open a taqueria coming months at 428 E. Locust St., Des Moines, where the Continental was located.
The menu: Try more than a dozen pizzas named after songs like Bob Dylan's "Rainy Day Women." That one is topped with bacon, capicola, sauerkraut, potato and honey.
- Starters include spicy meatballs, bacon-wrapped dates and buffalo cauliflower.
- Plus, Parlor offers about 20 tap beers, wines and classic cocktails.
⏰ Open: Wednesday-Thursday, 2-11pm; Friday-Saturday, 11am-midnight; Sunday, 11am-8pm.
- Happy hour: Half-priced sangria and draft beers, plus $3 pizza slices. (Daily between 2-5pm)
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.