Hungry? 300 Burger is now open for lunch.
- The classic burger bar is intended for simple, fast and delicious access to one of Iowa's most coveted greasy staples, owner Josh Buchsbaum told Axios last week.
Driving the news: 300 Burger is doing a soft opening, limited to lunch hours, for the coming week or so, as staff members get up to pace.
- Evening hours and private catering options rolled out soon.
Highlights: The 1/3-pound patties are certified Iowa Black Angus beef, and they're never frozen.
- Not in a beefy mood? Try the portobello mushroom and chicken alternatives.
- They've also got fried Brussels sprouts, fries, onion rings, ice cream and cheesecake.
Jason's first try: The Caliente, a specialty burger with jalapeño cheese sauce ($13).
- It gives Lachele's Uncle Denny some real competition as his favorite Des Moines burger.
Go get it: 300 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, suite 170, Des Moines. (In the Fuzzy's Taco building)
- ⏰ 11am-2:30pm Monday-Friday.
Of note: Buchsbaum is also a partner in The Poké Company, a restaurant devoted to the Hawaiian specialty of marinated and diced raw fish that's in the same building.
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.