Memorial Day weekend means it's time to make some waves, and Des Moines' Teachout Aquatic Center opens just in time.
- Teachout is welcoming the public this Saturday. But regular pool hours there and at DSM's other four public pools begin June 5.
Yes, but: Wading and splash pools will be rotationally closed this season due to a worker shortage.
- Only five of 24 pool attendant positions have been filled, Ben Page, the city's Parks and Rec director, told his board this week.
- The city might boost the max pay for that gig from $10.13 to $12 an hour, Page told Axios.
What to watch: If staffing levels dip, it's possible the city's public pools and aquatic centers will also be placed on a rotational operation, Page said.
- Want a summer job? Apply here.
- Talk with recruiters at Teachout each day this weekend from open until 3pm
🏊♂️ Teachout's MDW hours: Sat: 11:30am-6pm; Sunday: 1-5pm; Monday: 1-6:30pm.
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.