Iowa hot homes: An elegant treehouse and a perfect summer spot
Des Moines' housing market is still as hot as ever, even as prices continue to rise, according to Des Moines Area Association of Realtors.
By the numbers: Despite historically low inventory, April's home sales still increased by 13% in comparison to April 2020, according to DMAAR.
- Median home sale price: $244,358 — up from $215,000 last year.
- Inventory: 1,755 homes were available last month — nearly 50% fewer than in April 2020.
If you're searching or just like looking, check out these properties.
33078 Fox Creek Dr., Waukee — $575,000
Why we love it: Live in your own extravagant treehouse right in the metro. Designed by famous Chicago architects Booth & Nagle — this home is nestled away on a 3-acre wooded property.
- Neighborhood: 10 minutes away from Jordan Creek Town Center
- Specs: 3 beds, 4 baths, 3,088 square feet
- Features: Mid-century modern design and huge windows with gorgeous views
- Realtor: Suzana Dobrosavljevic, RE/MAX Concepts
7113 Douglas Ave, Urbandale — $330,000
Why we love it: It's the home of our dreams this summer. There's a huge pool, large pergola and the inside is spacious and perfect for hosting friends.
- Neighborhood: 5 minute drive from Merle Hay Mall
- Specs: 3 beds, 2 baths, 1,730 square feet
- Features: Master bedroom with a fireplace, large bay windows and your very own sauna
- Realtor: Joe Carroll, Pennie Carroll & Associates
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.