Des Moines pop-up brings Kevin Smith's fast foodery Mooby's to life
If you ever wanted to join in the comedic chaos of a Kevin Smith film, now's your chance.
What's happening: Mooby's is holding a pop-up at Up-Down in Des Moines this week. The fictitious restaurant made appearances in "Dogma", "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back," "Clerks II," and "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot."
- While the event was sold out, extra tickets just became available this week.
The fake-real food you can get: The exact menu offerings are too raunchy to list here, but they're burgers, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs and drinks inspired by Smith's films.
- Smith, who suffered a heart attack and then went vegan, also made sure plant-alternatives were offered as well.
We tried the Cow Tipper (a double cheeseburger) and Hater Totz.
- They were both solid, but nothing out of the ordinary.
- What you're really paying for is to feel like you're walking into Mooby's with your best buds.
- Up-Down was decked out in Mooby's signature purple and the golden calf was adorned everywhere for lots of photo opportunities.
What's next: The pop-up is here until April 7.
- Tickets are $29 and come with an entree and side.
This story first appeared in the Axios Des Moines newsletter, designed to help readers get smarter, faster on the most consequential news unfolding in their own backyard.
More Des Moines stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Des Moines.