What they're saying: Broncos' new QB Russell Wilson chatter
The hype is real following yesterday's bombshell that the Denver Broncos traded for Seattle Seahawks' veteran, Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson.
Why it matters: The blockbuster deal represents one of the most significant trades in NFL history and the biggest get for the Broncos since Peyton Manning, industry experts say.
- Yes, but: Questions remain as to whether the 33-year-old Seattle old-timer could make the Mile High City relevant again.
What they're saying: Here's a look at the reactions from across the sports world...
- "The Broncos are pushing the chips all-in with their young team," according to Sports Illustrated senior betting analyst Jen Piacenti.
- "The Broncos got a quarterback capable of changing everything for the long-suffering football team in our dusty old cowtown," writes Denver Post columnist Mark Kiszla.
- "Russell Wilson doesn’t just make the Broncos better instantly. He gives Broncos Country something it hasn’t felt since Peyton Manning hung ‘em up in March 2016: Actual, honest-to-goodness relevance," adds Post writer Sean Keeler.
- "Bear in mind, Wilson had one of his worst seasons last year, so perhaps there should be a curb on some of the unfettered enthusiasm," writes Drew Loftis at the New York Post.
Of note: Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy reacted with a big emoji smile on Twitter. And this: "Oh we lit."
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.