Nov 10, 2021 - Business
Colorado's ski train to Winter Park returns for 2022 season
One of the most quintessential Colorado experiences is back on track this winter.
Driving the news: The ski train from Denver's Union Station to Winter Park Resort will return in January, Amtrak announced Tuesday, and tickets are now on sale.
- The Winter Park Express service will run every Friday, Saturday and Sunday, starting Jan. 14 and ending April 3.
- One-way fares start at $29 and run as high as $59. There's no extra cost for ski and snowboard equipment.
Flashback: The train didn't run in 2021 because social distancing restrictions made it not feasible.
What to know: The double-decker Superliner train departs Denver at 7am and arrives at the resort at 9pm.
- It leaves Winter Park at 4:30pm and stops back in the city at 6:40pm.
Be smart: The arrival time doesn't make it easy to chase pow, but that's not the point.
- Ride the train for the 31 tunnels, including the 6.2-mile Moffat Tunnel under the Continental Divide
- Get a ticket for the Sightseer car for floor-to-ceiling views.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.