A couple of Hot Homes in Colorado Springs
An heir to the Sinton Dairy estate in mid-October purchased a 16,594-square-foot ranch-style home in the Broadmoor neighborhood for a record $8 million, El Paso County land records show, per the Colorado Springs Gazette.
Details: The roughly 55-acre property boasts a duck pond and a trickling stream, a chicken coop and a tree house.
Driving the news: The transaction comes amid a surge in Pikes Peak-region home sales priced at more than $1 million, the Gazette reported.
- More than 320 sales of $1 million+ homes were recorded during the first eight months of 2021, per the Pikes Peak Association of Realtors.
Zoom out: Though we mostly concentrate on the Denver housing market, this historic sale got us thinking about Colorado Springs real estate and specifically luxury properties in the area.
Here are a couple gems we unearthed from our neighbor to the south:
Why we love it: Resting on a 1-acre property perched above the "City in the Clouds," this enclave has a mix of western stylings and old world charm.
- Neighborhood: Woodland Park
- Realtor: Shawn Kelley, Compass
- Specs: 5 beds, 6.5 baths, 7,306 square feet
- Notable features: Theater room, secondary entrance via a spiral staircase. Sauna, kids play loft, solarium with hot tub and an elevator.
Why we love it: This rustic estate in the heart of the Old Broadmoor neighborhood is nestled on a 3+ acre lot, complete with seven (!) fireplaces.
- Neighborhood: Southwest Colorado Springs
- Realtor: Tony Clement — RE/MAX Properties Inc.
- Specs: 5 beds, 5.5 baths, 8,713 square feet
- Notable features: Attached greenhouse, Cheyenne Mountain views, covered rear patio, bordering Pourtales Park. Beamed ceiling, formal living room with built-ins and French doors.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.