Crew hits the road for next playoff game
The Crew heads to the Sunshine State this weekend for a chance to snap the most vexing streak in franchise history.
Kicking the news: Columbus has not won a playoff game on the road since way back in September 2002, the same month Kelly Clarkson won the first season of "American Idol."
- In 16 away playoff matches since then, the Crew posted zero wins, five draws, and 11 losses.
- Eight of those defeats were by a margin of just one goal.
State of play: Saturday's conference semifinals match pits Columbus against Orlando City FC at 5:30pm.
The intrigue: MLS squads have a greater "home field advantage" than teams in other pro sports.
- Away clubs had a winning percentage of just 22.5% through mid-October of this season, ESPN reported.
Zoom in: Cucho Hernández and company definitely prefer playing in their friendly confines.
- The Crew has only lost one of 19 matches at Lower.com Field this season.
How to watch: Catch Saturday's game on Apple TV, listen on FM radio stations 97.1 The Fan/La Mega 103.1, or snag free tickets to the watch party outside Lower.com Field.
- Of note: The Buckeyes' big game should be well over by then.
What we're watching: If Columbus and FC Cincinnati win their respective matches this Saturday, the two Ohio teams will meet for a conference final showdown.
- 👀 So … Hell is Approaching?
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.