The 8 best holiday light displays in Columbus this year
Believe it or not, it's time for Columbus to transform into a winter wonderland once again.
Illuminating the news: To kick off the holiday season, we've compiled a list of eight must-see holiday light displays in Central Ohio.
🎟️ Pro tip: Experience Columbus is offering a Holiday Lights pass for a second year, which includes admission to two events — Conservatory Aglow and Wildlights — and coupons for select Easton stores and restaurants.
- $36 for kids and $47 for adults.
The latest: New this year is "Season of Celebrations" at COSI, featuring a 40-foot tree and a twinkling forest of 50 smaller trees decorated by community groups.
Illuminate your holiday shopping with a nightly light show across a 56-foot tree. Enjoy a carriage ride ($10), admire model trains and take a photo with Santa.
- Grand Illumination is 6-9pm Nov. 17. Free!
Take a walk in a picturesque park decorated for the season in the heart of downtown.
- 5-11pm daily, through Jan. 1. Free!
- 160 S. High St.
- Pro tip: Starting Dec. 1, free hot chocolate and carousel rides on Fridays!
Visit Santa's reindeer and other cold-loving animals at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
- 5-9pm Sunday-Thursday, 5-10pm Friday-Saturday. Through Jan. 7.
- $26-30. ($17-20 for Franklin County residents.) Kids under 3 free!
Stroll through glistening outdoor gardens and then admire hundreds of poinsettias and other holiday blooms inside the spruced up Conservatory.
- 5-9pm daily, through Jan. 7.
- Open till 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays in December.
- $15.50-26. Kids under 3 free!
A drive-thru tradition at the Alum Creek State Park Campground.
- 5:30-9pm Sunday-Thursday ($22 per car). 5:30-10pm Friday-Saturday ($33). Through Jan. 1.
- 3311 S. Old State Road, Delaware.
- Pro tip: Mrs. Claus collects letters for Santa. Include an email address.
Another drive-thru show just a short trip northeast of Columbus, with more than 1 million lights synced to your car stereo.
- 5:30-10pm daily, through Jan. 1.
- 14028 Fairgrounds Road, Hartford.
- $30 per car.
Explore a festive riverfront filled with holiday lights.
- Dusk till dawn, Nov. 23 through Jan. 2. Free!
- We recommend starting at Bicentennial Park, 233 Civic Center Drive.
- Pro tip: Mark your calendar for WinterFest, 11am-4pm Dec. 2.
New for 2023! Wander through a twinkling forest and participate in hands-on holiday-themed educational programs.
- 10am-5pm Wednesday-Sunday, Nov. 24 through Jan. 7.
- Included with museum admission ($23-30). Kids under 2 free!
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.