Women's History Month events in Columbus
Today kicks off Women's History Month, an opportunity to celebrate women's achievements and promote gender equality.
- Alissa is especially excited for this year's theme: "Celebrating Women Who Tell Our Stories," which recognizes journalists and storytellers across all types of media.
Local activities to put on your calendar:
🇺🇸 Watch a documentary, "Trailblazing Women in Ohio Politics," followed by a panel discussion featuring two state officials who have broken political barriers.
- 7pm tonight at the Main Library. Free!
🎨 Explore the colorful life of painter Mary Cassatt in "Painting the Modern Woman," a documentary on the often-overlooked radical Impressionist.
- 7pm March 9, Columbus Museum of Art. $15.
- 7pm March 10, McConnell Arts Center. $12 online, $15 at the door.
🛍️ Support small businesses owned by women at a pop-up market.
- 11am-8pm March 11, noon-6pm March 12 at Polaris Fashion Place. Free!
🥋 Learn jiujitsu with black belt and self defense coach Laurah Hallock. Beginner friendly!
- 9am March 11 at the National Veterans Memorial and Museum. Free!
🏈 Meet the Ohio author behind the book about the Toledo Troopers, the winningest team of the now-defunct National Women's Football League.
- 2-3pm March 11 at the Ohio History Center. $7-13 for museum admission.
🎷 Listen to women musicians at "PBJ & Jazz," a family-friendly concert experience.
- 10am March 18 at the Lincoln Theatre. $5.
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.