Stop loafing around and visit Dan the Baker
👋 Mary Jane here with what I believe is Columbus' best spot for fresh bread.
Driving the news: If you're looking to switch it up from the grocery store bread aisle, check out Dan the Baker, right outside Grandview.
- Tucked on a side street by Dublin Road, this hidden gem is worth the trip.
- The bread and pastries are handmade. The menu is switched up weekly, with a few permanent mainstays.
What I ate: A delectable pumpkin cheesecake cruffin was worth every cent of the $10 I paid for it. I've eaten many of Dan's pastries, but this takes the cake.
- The outside was browned to perfection, with a dusting of sugar. The inside layers were flaky without being too dry. And the pumpkin cheesecake filling was creamy, not over spiced and just sweet enough.
Of note: I always get a loaf of the Country Sour bread for $11. It's amazing toasted with some avocado on top.
- It freezes nicely, so stock up and pop a slice in the toaster when you're ready to chow down.
Pro tip: The bread and pastries go fast — get there early.
- Dan's bread can also be found in a few local markets.
If you go: 8am-2pm Friday-Sunday. 1028 Ridge St.
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.