Ohio's top haunted houses
Ohio is home to the most haunted houses in the nation — 34, per a recent list from luggage company My Baggage that dubs us the "scariest state."
- That includes Canton's Factory of Terror, one of the top-rated houses in the U.S.
😱 Here are five other local favorites:
The Columbus Zoo's water park transforms into a one-stop spooky shop with four haunted houses, two scare zones and six different rides, including a 50-foot drop tower.
- 4850 Powell Road. 6-10pm Thursday and Sunday, 6pm-12am Friday-Saturday through Oct. 30. $29-33.
This immersive haunted house tells the story of a post-apocalyptic city.
- 2605 Northland Plaza Drive. 7-10pm Friday-Sunday through Oct. 31. $20-30.
One of Central Ohio's most popular indoor and outdoor haunts.
- 13861 Broad St. SW in Pataskala. 7pm-2am Thursday-Sunday through Oct. 30. $30.
Guests make their way through the now defunct — but allegedly paranormal — Ohio State Reformatory.
- 100 Reformatory Road in Mansfield. 7pm-12am Friday-Saturday, 7-10pm Sunday through Oct. 30. $35.
The Lions Club of Pataskala operates Central Ohio's longest-running haunted attraction. Proceeds go to service projects and community events.
- 8838 Refugee Road. 8-11pm Friday-Saturday through Oct. 29. $15.
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.