Best Day Ever: Kimberly McConville of the Ohio Beverage Association
Kimberly McConville is one of the foremost experts on Ohio drinks — the non-alcoholic kind, that is.
- The Ohio Beverage Association's executive director has represented dozens of Pepsi, Coke and Keurig Dr. Pepper bottlers across the state since 2003.
McConville, a Westerville native, shared her perfect day in Ohio's capital city:
🫐 Breakfast: Carb-load in style with gorgeous blueberry galette and Earl Grey tea at Fox in the Snow, then congratulate myself for including healthy blueberries in my breakfast.
💧 Morning activity: Slather on the sunscreen and head to Big Darby Creek for kayaking on scenic national river courtesy of Trapper John's Canoe Livery.
- I remind myself not to race other kayaks and just enjoy a leisurely paddle, but do it anyway.
- I scour Big Fun toy store for the elusive Mod Ken doll from my childhood, which came with a variety of flocked whiskers including rad sideburns.
- Then I make my way to The Book Loft and wonder for the millionth time if this place is haunted. A copy of "A Haunted History of Columbus, Ohio" should reveal the answer.
🥂 Dinner: Enjoy an early dinner at Barcelona. My order: Paella de Mariscos and flutes of Prosecco.
🎸 Evening activity: Ride into a perfect summer night at Kemba Live with the Dropkick Murphys performing.
- I appreciate dancing with kilted men but ultimately talk myself out of stepping onto the mosh pit "for old time's sake."
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.