Where to pick your own fruit, flowers in Columbus
A perfect activity for a beautiful summer day is picking fresh fruits and flowers from a local farm.
Pro tip: Call before traveling, as weather and availability may impact hours — and go as early as possible. Once they're gone, they're gone.
Here's what's in season this weekend, all within an hour's drive from Columbus:
🌻 Sunflowers at Circle S Farms in Grove City.
- 10am-6pm Monday-Sunday. $5 weekdays, $10 weekends. Includes one flower.
🍏 Pristine apples ($25/peck or $35/half-bushel) and blackberries ($8/quart) at Lynd's Blue Frog Farm in Johnstown.
- 10am-5pm Friday-Saturday.
🧺 Blackberries ($5/pound) at Champaign Berry Farm in Urbana.
- Special hours this weekend: 9am-4pm Saturday, 2-6pm Sunday.
- Regular hours: 9am-noon Monday-Friday or by appointment.
🫐 Blueberries ($4.49/pound) at the Blueberry Patch in Mansfield.
- 8am-7pm Monday-Saturday, 11am-5pm Sunday.
🌼 Zinnias (10 for $5), meadow flowers (10 for $3) and blackberries ($4.89/pound) at the Berry Farm in Richwood.
- 8am-6pm Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, 11am-5pm Sunday.
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.