Lunch pick: Here's the scoop on Chicken Salad Chick
👋 Alissa here. It's no secret that mayonnaise makes the Midwest go round.
- While some might scoff at our "salads" that aren't really salads, I say the more mayo the merrier!
Needless to say, I'm a big fan of Chicken Salad Chick, an entire restaurant committed to specialty chicken salad.
- They've got fruity, savory, spicy and traditional mixes. I've yet to try one I didn't like.
Quick take: My go-tos are Dixie Chick (full of onions), Sassy Scotty (ranch, bacon and cheddar) and Cranberry Kelli (dried cranberries and slivered almonds).
- Sample a trio of scoops with crackers or indulge in a full sandwich.
- Save room for sides, which are just as delicious as the namesake dishes, especially the broccoli salad and pimento cheese dip.
🥐 Pro tip: You don't have to dine in. Pick up some prepackaged "quick chicks" and a bag of fluffy croissants for the perfect packed lunch.
- Don't forget the buttercream cookies for dessert.
If you go: Open Monday-Saturday, 10am-8pm at 6304 E. Dublin Granville Rd., New Albany, or 10am-7pm at 687 Worthington Rd., Westerville.
More Columbus stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Columbus.