New bottle shop opening in South End with 700+ wine and beer selections
Frenchy’s Sip and Shop is a new bottle shop and tasting room opening in South End this summer with more than 700 wine and beer selections to choose from.
- Its tasting room will be the kind of place where you can sit down with friends and learn about the wine you’re tasting before you buy.
Why it matters: Owner Chris Sarette says he to make the wine shopping process approachable, both in price and the shopping experience.
- “So far, 70% of the bottles that we’ve selected for our list are under $30,” he said.
What to expect: Frenchy’s will offer wine from six different continents, all from small-batch producers that “are making a couple hundred to several thousand cases a year,” Sarette says.
- The 3,000-square-foot space seats about 90 people, local development writer Jason Thomas first reported.
- In addition to wine, Frenchy’s will offer several hundred craft beers from Charlotte breweries and around the world.
- They’ll also offer pre-packaged snacks and grab-and-go charcuterie.
What’s next: Sarette hopes to open Frenchy’s in June with free weekly wine-tasting events.
The big picture: South End has a handful of wine-centered businesses, like The Coterie Concept wine bar, wine shops like Petit Philippe and Vin Master, and Sixty Vines, a Texas-based restaurant with 60 wines on tap.
- It’ll be open 12pm-9 or 10pm Sunday-Thursday and 12pm-midnight Fridays and Saturdays.
See more renderings:
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.