Get curated ear piercings at Rowan Piercing in South End
A trendy new piercing studio recently opened in South End called Rowan Piercing.
It opened in October and I visited recently to get a curated ear piercing. “Can I design your ear look?,” studio manager Kelsey Hickman asked me when I walked in. Immediately, yes.
Why it matters: Rowan Piercing is a woman-owned company that aims to take away the anxiety and health risks associated with piercings.
- Plus: “Earscaping” — the subtle art of decorating your ear with personalized piercings and earrings — is a trend that has become popular among Gen Ze’ers, Axios’ Sami Sparber explains.
How it works: Every visit starts with discussing “ear goals,” said Hickman. The team helps you plan what your piercing (or piercings) will look like — from style and color to size and placement.
- All of the piercers at Rowan South End have their Bachelor of Science in Nursing and they use needles instead of piercing guns.
- In general, you can expect to pay in the $35-$50 range per piercing, plus the jewelry, which starts at around $20.
- Of note: All of the jewelry is hypoallergenic (a safe haven for those of us with a nickel allergy).
Details: The South End studio is located at 1800 Camden Road (right next to Girl Tribe).
- They’re open seven days a week from 11am-7pm Monday-Saturday and 11am-6pm on Sunday.
- The studio plans to open its second Charlotte location in SouthPark Mall on December 23.
My thought bubble: The whole experience was so fun, I literally forgot I was about to get stabbed with a needle. And speaking of, the piercing was basically painless — seriously, I’m not kidding. I was admittedly nervous about the cartilage, and I’d rank that a three out of ten pain-wise (a solid pinch, nothing more).
- They sent me home with their saline spray, aftercare instructions, and a nurse hotline to call if any issues arise. The price is steep, yes, but the peace of mind is worth it.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.