Jun 23, 2023 - Newcomers
12 best things to do in Austin
Get a feel for our city with these activities.
First up: Take in the skyline from the Pfluger Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge.
- From there, you're an easy walk to the Austin Central Library and its gorgeous roof garden views and all set up for afternoon fish fajitas at Polvo's on West Third.
- Take an e-bike tour of central Austin and learn some quirky historical facts about the city.
- Rent a paddleboard on Lady Bird Lake and join the party on weekend afternoons.
- Hike Mount Bonnell or the 360 Bridge overlook to watch the sunset.
Listen and shake
- Discover music and catch an in-store performance at Waterloo Records.
- Grab your squad and head to one of our many LGBTQ+ bars in the West Fourth Street bar district, including Austin staple Oilcan Harry's, Rain, Neon Grotto or Coconut Club.
Act like a local
- Attend an Austin FC game, and if you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of Matthew McConaughey.
More Austin stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Austin.