Biden hires campaign staff to focus on minority and women voters
Photo: Scott Eisen/Getty Images
Joe Biden's campaign is adding six senior staff members to focus on attracting women and minority voters.
Why it matters: Biden and his team hope this diverse staff can help them rebuild the diverse coalition that Barack Obama captured in 2008.
Who he's hired:
- Laura Jiménez will be Latinx National Vote Director.
- Amit Jani is Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) National Vote Director.
- Carissa Smith is Women's National Vote Director.
- Erika Dinkel-Smith is Director of Labor Engagement.
- Trey Baker National is Director of African American Engagement.
- Vincent Evans is Southern Political Director.
Go deeper: Joe Biden on the issues, in under 500 words