Taylor Swift tops 2023 Spotify Wrapped as most-streamed artist
Taylor Swift just took another title: Most-streamed artist.
Driving the news: Spotify Wrapped dropped Wednesday naming Swift as the most-streamed artist globally and in the U.S. Drake, Morgan Wallen, The Weeknd and Bad Bunny were also among the top 10 in the U.S.
- The most-streamed song in the U.S. was "Last Night," by Morgan Wallen.
- The most-streamed album in the U.S. was "One Thing At A Time," by Morgan Wallen.
What they did: Spotify is giving Swift fans some fun Easter eggs within the app.
- When listeners play a Swift song, the progress bar changes to match the song's Era color and the progress button turns into a sparkle.
- Top Swift-streamers on Spotify will also receive a card they can share and a thank-you message from the "Cruel Summer" artist.
Separately, the most popular podcasts in the U.S. were "The Joe Rogan Experience," "Call Her Daddy" and "Crime Junkie."
- The most anticipated global podcast launch by a U.S. creator was "Hot Mess" with Alix Earle.
The big picture: Overall, Spotify said 2023 was defined by a return of female artists, diversity across streaming and a rise of different genres within global music culture.
Details: New this year, Spotify has added more personalized data to define listening habits.
- Me in 2023 categorizes listeners in one of the 12 characters that best describes their listening habits.
- Sound Town matches listeners with a city based on shared artist affinity.
- Listeners can also invite their friends to create a Blend, which combines all of their songs into one shared playlist.
- Spotify users can see their year-in-review, including the top five genres and artists, within their accounts.
More from Axios: