Video shows Marjorie Taylor Greene harassing AOC in 2019
A newly unearthed video obtained by CNN shows Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), then a private citizen, taunting Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) outside of her office in Feb. 2019.
Why it matters: In the since-deleted footage, Greene is accompanied by associates, including a man who later became part of the pro-Trump mob that stormed Capitol Hill on Jan. 6, according to CNN.
- Greene and the people she's with mock Ocasio-Cortez and her staff for her locked office door.
What they're saying: "We're going to go see, we're going to visit, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Crazy eyes. Crazy eyes. Nutty. Cortez," Greene says on camera, mispronouncing her last name.
- In a guest book outside the door of Ocasio-Cortez's office, Greene writes: “You’re a traitor."
- "I do not support your socialist policies and I do not support your murderous abortion policies ... You need to stop being a baby and stop locking your door and come out and face the American citizens that you serve," Greene says outside of Ocasio-Cortez's office, speaking through a mail slot.
- Greene then returns to the guest book to depict a wall. After a break in the video, she encourages people to visit the Capitol and confront lawmakers.
- "If you want to be a big girl, you need to get rid of your diaper and come out and be able to talk to the American citizens."
The big picture: Greene was stripped from her committee assignments in February over her past endorsement of baseless conspiracy theories and violent rhetoric against Democrats.