Biden campaign launches #ImVotingFor campaign to mobilize voters
To try to revive the online frenzy of 2014's Ice Bucket Challenge, Joe Biden's campaign today launches the #ImVotingFor social media campaign, led by high-profile surrogates who have a combined 150 million followers.
How it works: The partners — elected leaders, digital creators and celebrities — will tag three people with #ImVotingFor, and ask them to do the same.
- "Participants will post a photo on Instagram of a loved one, someone they admire, their community, etc. — and share why their vote this year is for them." This could include "a loved one with a pre-existing condition or a child who will be impacted by climate change or a personal hero like John Lewis."
Launch participants include:
- Joe Biden, 4.5 million followers
- Jill Biden, 581,000 followers
- Kamala Harris, 4.3 million followers
- Michelle Obama, 42.4 million followers
- Barack Obama, 31.1 million followers
- Amy Schumer, 10.2 million followers
- Storm Reid, 1.2 million followers
- Alyssa Milano, 2.9 million followers
- Misha Collins, 4.3 million followers
- Adam Rippon, 846,000 followers
- Kamie Crawford, 227,000 followers
- Debra Messing, 1.4 million followers
- Sophia Bush, 3.7 million followers
- Jason George, 1.1 million followers
- Danai Gurira, 3.2 million followers
- Connie Britton, 706,000 followers