Biden hires campaign staff to focus on minority and women voters
Joe Biden's campaign is adding six senior staff members to focus on attracting women and minority voters.
Why it matters: Biden and his team hope this diverse staff can help them rebuild the diverse coalition that Barack Obama captured in 2008.
Who he's hired:
- Laura Jiménez will be Latinx National Vote Director.
- Amit Jani is Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) National Vote Director.
- Carissa Smith is Women's National Vote Director.
- Erika Dinkel-Smith is Director of Labor Engagement.
- Trey Baker National is Director of African American Engagement.
- Vincent Evans is Southern Political Director.
Go deeper: Joe Biden on the issues, in under 500 words