The 25 companies with the most H-1B workers
My Visa Jobs, which helps foreign workers identify which employers are most likely to sponsor their work visas, just released their list of companies ranked according to the number of submitted applications for H-1B workers in 2017.
Why it matters: The Trump administration is looking to crack down on H-1B visa use, which it sees as taking jobs from American workers.
- There's a House bill which would make the process for obtaining these visas more difficult.
- The USCIS is expected to end the H-4 program mid-February, which allows the spouses of H-1B holders whose green cards are pending to legally work in the U.S.
Here's the top 25 companies with the number of Labor Condition Applications (LCA) submitted, which are required when hiring workers on an H-1B visa, and the average salary for those offers.
Note: Companies may file multiple LCAs for a single H-1B petition, which means LCA numbers are often higher than actual H-1B petition numbers. The LCA data, however, is still useful in indicating which companies rely most heavily on H-1B workers.
Takeaway: This is the typical mix of companies that rely on H-1B visas — mostly outsourcing and technology companies.
- Infosys: 25,405, $81,705 salary
- Capgemini: 17,479, $93,213 salary
- Tata Consultancy Services: 13,134, $76,099 salary
- IBM: 12,381, $87,378 salary
- Wipro: 10,607, $72,720 salary
- Accenture: 9,479, $81,585 salary
- Tech Mahindra (Americas): 8,615, $75,879 salary
- Deloitte Consulting: 7,645, $122,667 salary
- Cognizant Technology Solutions: 5,370, $74,628 salary
- Microsoft: 5,029, $129,610 salary
- Hcl America: 4,930, $84,040 salary
- Google: 4,897, $129,997 salary
- Ernst & Young: 4,625, $98,722 salary
- Ust Global: 3,170, $69,819 salary
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech: 3,092, $76,755 salary
- Amazon: 2,622, $121,850 salary
- Igate Technologies: 2,197, $70,209 salary
- L&T Technology Services: 1,853, $69,648 salary
- Syntel Consulting: 1,847, $71,338 salary
- Jpmorgan Chase: 1,765, $111,283 salary
- Apple: 1,660, $141,294 salary
- Intel: 1,647, $107,428 salary
- Deloitte & Touche: 1,646, $75,705 salary
- Hexaware Technologies: 1,634, $72,336 salary
- Ntt Data: 1,253, $94,255 salary