Carolyn Kaster / AP
Sean Spicer held his testiest briefing yet with the White House press corps. And it looks like he needs to update his boss on #2 in his 17 Rules for Life. ("Think before you tweet, post, or upload.")
- On Trump tweeting about Nordstrom but not Quebec City attack: "I literally opened the briefing [a few days ago] with that...You're equating me addressing the nation here and a tweet? This is silly."
- Gorsuch's "demoralizing" comments: Spicer said that Gorsuch was not commenting on any specific comment or tweet by Trump, but rather attacks on the judiciary as a whole. "He literally went out of his way to say, 'I'm not commenting on a specific instance.'"
- On Trump toning down his criticism of the judiciary: "When President Obama did it, there was no concern from this briefing room. When [Trump] does it, it's a ton of outrage."
- Kellyanne pushing Ivanka's brand: "Kellyanne has been counseled on the subject...and that's it."
- The Putin call: Spicer refused to comment on reports regarding Trump not knowing about the New START nuclear treaty. He said it was a private call.