The Donald and Bibi Show
Evan Vucci / AP
President Trump and Israeli PM Netanyahu delivered a joint statement before a dinner at Netanyahu's residence. They took no questions, but traded compliments and spoke of their optimism that a peace deal could be reached.
- "Mr. President I appreciate that you went to the Western Wall, and you were the first acting president that has done that, and the people of Israel applaud you for it."
- "We've known each other for many years... but it's wonderful to see the blossoming friendship between our two wives."
- "I want you to know how much we appreciate the change in American policy on Iran."
- "It won't be simple but for the first time in many years and the first time in my lifetime I see a real hope for change... I believe that together we can roll back Iran's march of aggression and terror in this region."
- "Donald, there is no city on earth that you are more welcome in than Jerusalem."
- "We more than friends, we are great allies...I have seen many great signs that lead me to believe we can truly achieve" peace.
- "You honored me by being one of the first foreign leaders to visit the White House... and now you honor us again by welcoming me to your house."
- "I was deeply moved by my visit today to the Western Wall, words fail to capture the experience, it will leave a deep impression on me forever."
- On Palestine-Israel peace talks: "I've heard it's one of the toughest deals of all but I have a feeing we're going to get there eventually- I hope."