Trump's new favorite defender
Sebastian Gorka, a strategist for Steve Bannon at the White House, has emerged as one of President Trump's favorite cable news defenders, Axios' Jonathan Swan reports.
- Trump told West Wing staff yesterday: "Did you see Gorka? So great, I mean really, truly great."
- Trump's favorite line: Gorka telling CNN host Alisyn Camerota that "more people watch Nick at Nite cartoons than CNN today."
- Gorka's favorite line, cooked up by another Bannon aide: "Fake news industrial complex."
What you missed
- Trump on the record: "Yes I would" invite Putin to the White House. Quotes.
- The fantasy is over: DraftKings and Fan Duel terminated their proposed merger. Axios has the details.
- The new Senate health bill is here: It would be better for the healthy and worse for the sick. What's in it.
- Watch carefully: Scientists are using genetic studies of eye contact to identify more about autism. The study.
- Biased robots: Algorithms that make decisions in hiring, criminal justice, and financial services can reinforce racial and gender biases. One example.
1 grim chart
From Axios' Shane Savitsky and Andrew Witherspoon: "2.2 billion people — one-third of the world's population — are obese or overweight, according to a study published in The New England Journal of Medicine."