Attorney General Bill Barr's letter to Congress today detailed the vast effort by special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in 2016.
By the numbers:
- 19 lawyers
- ~40 FBI agents, intelligence analysts, forensic accountants
- 2,800+ subpoenas
- Nearly 500 search warrants
- 230+ orders for communications records
- Nearly 50 orders authorizing use of pen registers
- 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence
- Interviewed ~500 witnesses
The bottom line: Barr says the investigation didn't establish collusion or conspiracy by the Trump campaign with Russia, and the report didn't weigh in on whether Trump obstructed justice.
Go deeper: Read the full letter highlighting the probe