New vintage and handmade goods shop opens in Eastern Market
A new vintage store in Eastern Market sells fun gifts like disco balls and invites patrons to spruce up their outfits themselves at its "makery."
Why it matters: Relume, which opened this month, is meeting the cultural moment by advertising its products as "Barbiecore," a dreamy, pink aesthetic inspired by the upcoming movie.
Chelsea's thought bubble: If you get your fashion inspiration from TikTok, this is the place for you — and the prices are reasonable to boot.
- For $50, I got four pairs of handmade earrings, including ones that look like disco balls and pink lollipops.
- There are also local makers represented, including floral art studio Wildry.
🪡 What we're watching: Upcoming DIY events in the space — which has a wall of knitting materials, paints, glitter, and sewing machines — include:
- A kids' tie-dye workshop on Wednesday.
- Succulent candle making on Thursday.
- A clothing mending workshop on July 26.
This story is part of our "I Spy" series, where we spot new or notable happenings around town.
More Washington D.C. stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Washington D.C..