Here are 6 of the best holiday markets to hit up in Denver
We've tracked down a handful of holiday markets to help you get a head start on shopping while supporting small, local businesses this season.
Why it matters: With Christmas and Hanukkah nearing, the clock is ticking for gift buying. And some markets are only open this weekend.
The big picture: Shoppers are expected to spend an average of $1,652 this season, exceeding pre-pandemic figures for the first time, according to Deloitte's annual holiday retail survey.
Here are six of our favorite local markets:
Denver Christkindlmarket: Nov. 17-Dec. 23
- Shop dozens of local and international vendors with a beer and bratwurst in hand at this German-style holiday market in Civic Center Park.
- Of note: This year marks the first time the market will be cashless.
Cherry Creek Holiday Market: Nov. 16-Dec. 24
- Featuring 40-plus local creators, this outdoor venue on Fillmore Plaza is complete with all your holiday shopping needs.
- Be smart: Stop by the Mistletoe Lounge, a cozy gathering space with a full bar and live music.
Sugar Plum Bazaar Holiday Market: Nov. 18-19
- 80 vendors will set up shop from 10am-4pm at the Arvada Center selling a variety of artwork, jewelry, clothing and baked goods. Alcoholic beverages will also be available.
Dairy Block's Holiday on the Block: Nov. 25-26, Dec. 2-3, 9-10, 16-17
- Held from noon-5pm for the next four weeks, the Mistletoe Market will host more than a dozen local vendors in the heated alley, plus live music, photo ops, a screen-printing station and gift wrapping.
- The art museum's one-day-only event runs noon-7pm and features handmade goods from local makers, seasonal cocktails, holiday music and gift wrapping.
- For the distillery's last seasonal shopping opportunity of the year, it's going all out with flash tattoos, antique photo-ops, a raw oyster bar, a Peruvian pop-up — plus plenty of local vendors to shop from.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.