Meet Colorado's Good Food award winners for 2022
This year's Good Food awards named 22 winners from Colorado — all small-batch merchants who make products from hard cider to artisan chocolate.
How it works: The California-based Good Food Foundation, a membership organization, recognizes chefs and makers who focus on taste and sustainable practices and social responsibility.
- The awards are judged in a blind tasting featuring industry experts in various categories.
Meet the winners: Colorado's winners include Pastificio Boulder, which makes pasta from heirloom wheat varieties sourced by local farmers. Two of their pastas — Casarecce and Fusilli — won in the grain category.
- Co-founder Claudia Bouvier tells John that sustainability "is basically one of the main pillars of our mission," down to the biodiversity of the seeds and the plastic-free packaging.
The other 2022 Good Food winners from Colorado are:
- Honey Caramel from Anellabees in Laporte
- Fennel Pollen Honey from Bee Squared Apiaries in Berthoud
- Jungle Crunch from Bibamba Artisan Chocolate in Denver
- Organic Lavender Lemonade and Organic Spiced Apple Cider from Big B's Fabulous Juices in Hotchkiss
- Colo-Fornia Single Variety Gravistein, Bourbon Barrel Aged Pommeau and One Night Fruit Stand from Big B's Hard Cider in Hotchkiss
- Invisible Hand farmhouse ale from Cerebral Brewing in Denver
- American Single Malt - Port Cask Finish from Deerhammer Distillery in Buena Vista
- Cardamom and Black Tea Sparkling Water from DRAM in Salida
- Spicy Toasted Coconut and Ginger Snack Mix from JAI MIX in Boulder
- Spearmint and Rosemary Infusion apple cider vinegar from Moringa Vinga in Wheat Ridge
- Pickled Okra from Mountain Girl Pickles in Black Hawk
- Pretzel Shortbread Cookies from On Tap Kitchen in Lafayette
- Zappa Weirding Way saison from Our Mutual Friend Brewing in Denver
- Casarecce and Fusilli from Pastificio in Boulder
- Pueblo Chile Peach Deliciousness preserves from RedCamper in Denver
- Blanc Mollet from Snow Capped Cider in Orchard City
- Lavender Vanilla Goat Milk Caramel from Table Mountain Farm in Longmont
- Honeycomb from Willoughby Specialty Foods in Rollinsville
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.