Hot Homes: Seven holiday-time houses to tide you over 'til 2022
The statewide spike in home values means massive gains in Coloradans' equity, per a quarterly report from real estate data firm CoreLogic.
Between the lines: That puts money in pockets, with the average local homeowner gaining $78,000 in equity through the first nine months of the year.
- "Home equity is a component of total wealth and it helps stimulate additional spending," Frank Nothaft, chief economist at CoreLogic, said during the National Association of Real Estate Editors annual conference.
Zoom out: Multiple states saw bigger gains than Colorado, including: Idaho at $82,000; Utah at $91,000; and Arizona at $92,000.
Now, check out our hefty list of Hot Homes of the week:
1056 Marion St., #103 — $200,000
Why we love it: Just two blocks from the Denver Botanic Gardens, this light and bright condo — with an affordable HOA — boasts nearby restaurants and retail.
- Neighborhood: Cheesman Park
- Realtor: Dave Browning — Corcoran Perry & Co.
- Specs: 1 bed, 1 bath, 422 square feet
- Notable features: Parking space, pets allowed, storage unit, on-site laundry.
1777 Larimer St., #1602 — $750,000
Why we love it: This carefully updated end-unit condo inside the Windsor building comes complete with mountain and downtown views and is just blocks from Union Station and Coors Field.
- Neighborhood: LoDo
- Realtor: Jenny Usaj — USAJ Realty
- Specs: 2 beds, 2 baths, 1,784 square feet
- Notable features: Two Juliette balconies, open floor plan, combo wall convection oven and microwave. Birds-eye view of Coors Field; California closets in main bedroom; second bedroom set up as a work/flex room with multiple workstations and Murphy bed; two reserved parking spots.
- Amenities: Fitness center, racquetball court, pool and hot tub, sauna and steam room.
1143 S. Corona St. — $800,000
Why we love it: This bungalow, just 1 block from Wash Park, has been owner occupied and lovingly maintained by the same Denver family for 95 years.
- Neighborhood: Washington Park West
- Realtor: Shelley Bridge — RE/MAX of Cherry Creek
- Specs: 2 beds, 2 baths, 1,796 square feet
- Notable features: Oak floors, brick fireplace, well-maintained interior. It is ideal for a new owner who wants to expand or build new at this prime location.
- Of note: This home is being offered as a cash-only land sale. The seller's ideal closing would be on or before Dec. 22.
1819 Irving St. — $849,000
Why we love it: This rare end-unit townhome near Sloan's Lake has a fully fenced-in private backyard that includes a hot tub, full-size barbecue, trellis with retractable sunshade awning and patio furniture.
- Plus: No HOA fees.
Neighborhood: West Colfax
Realtor: Tony Rench — Rench Real Estate Inc.
Specs: 2 beds, 4 baths, 1,804 square feet
Notable features: Rooftop deck with mountain views. High-end appliances, hand-laid solid oak stairs. High ceilings, large wraparound quartz countertops, Italian tile gas fireplace. Private storage shed (with workbench) for bikes, skis and snowboards.
1304 Olive St. — $1,575,000
Why we love it: This three-story brick Victorian home was built in 1886 for Montclair's first mayor and boasts a professionally landscaped garden and Koi pond.
- Neighborhood: Montclair
- Realtor: Valerie Alford — Your Castle Real Estate Inc.
- Specs: 4 beds, 4 baths, 4,476 square feet
- Notable features: Original moldings and trim, wraparound covered porch. Exposed brick, sky lights, gas fireplace. Two primary suites, one with mountain view. Wine cellar and new two-car garage.
3422 Utica St. — $1,995,000
Why we love it: Mere moments from Tennyson Arts District, Highlands Square and Sloan's Lake, this luxury home comes with a 1,421-square-foot, two-bedroom carriage house, perfect for Airbnb, a renter, home office or guests.
Realtor: Jenny Apel — Compass
Specs: 6 beds, 6 baths, 4,389 square feet
Notable features: Second story delivers an owner's suite with five-piece bath, gas fireplace, sunny southern deck and walk-in closet. Rooftop viewing deck with mountain and city views. Theater room.
215 Ash St. — $2,250,000
Why we love it: This New England-style home just 1 block from Cranmer Park is perfect for entertaining with a sprawling kitchen, breakfast nook, top-of-the-line appliances, butler's and walk-in pantry.
- Neighborhood: Hilltop
- Realtor: Peter Blank and Carmelo Paglialunga — milehimodern
- Specs: 6 beds, 4 baths, 4,947 square feet
- Notable features: Gas fireplace, home office, grand staircase, Spa-like primary bathroom with soaking tub, double vanity, shower stall and walk-in closet. Lower-level family room with kitchenette area.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.