Hot Homes: Calming market brings Denver 6 houses under $2M
The Denver metro's real estate market steadied in September, per Zillow's latest Market Report, as inventory increased, monthly home appreciation shrunk and listings spent more time on the market compared with August.
By the numbers: The share of listings with price cuts hit 17%, up about 2% from August. Meanwhile, available inventory grew 0.6% since August and stands 54.3% below pre-pandemic levels dating to September 2019.
- Typical home values hover at $569,007, up 21.9% over last year and 1.3% since August.
81 N. Sherman St. — $600,000
Why we love it: Space! Sitting on a sizable lot with oversized garage, enough room to fit four cars or use as convertible space. The partially finished basement has capacity for a workshop, home gym or LOTS of storage.
- Neighborhood: Speer
- Realtor: Mandi and Jonathan Benecke, 360dwellings Real Estate
- Specs: 3 beds, 1 bath, 1,575 square feet
- Notable features: Built in 1890. Centrally located — within walking distance of some of Broadway's best retail and restaurants including TRVE Brewing, Queen City Coffee Collective and Postino. Wooden staircase has original carved banisters.
244 W. 3rd Ave. — $625,000
Why we love it: Oozing of charm and character, this Dutch Colonial gem built in 1894 has stylish, handcrafted wood detailing throughout and sits on a sunny corner lot.
- Neighborhood: Baker
- Realtor: Megan Ivy, USAJ Realty
- Specs: 3 beds, 1.5 baths, 1,833 square feet
- Notable features: Significant upgrades include a new water and sewer line, privacy fence and rebuilt porch. Decorative antique fireplace with intricate hewn mantle, classic crown molding around doorways.
2547 Krameria St. — $875,000
Why we love it: This Tudor saw a recent price drop, and has a beautiful backyard you enter a gardening refuge with warm southern and western exposure and an oversized deck ready for warm-weather entertaining.
- Neighborhood: Park Hill
- Realtor: Jay Epperson and Judy Wolfe — Compass
- Specs: 3 beds, 3 baths, 2,666 square feet
- Notable features: A large arched window overlooks the front yard. Expanded owners' retreat filled with light from the skylight and bay windowed sitting area overlooking the professionally designed backyard, gardens and deck.
2635 Geneva St. — $990,000
Why we love it: This single-family home comes equipped with a spacious office — perfect for work-from-home needs.
- Neighborhood: Central Park
- Realtor: Kimberly M. Ward — Corcoran Perry & Co.
- Specs: 4 beds, 4 baths, 4,070 square feet
- Notable features: Sizable second-floor primary suite with mountain views, five-piece en suite bathroom and two walk-in closets. Second-story loft can be converted into a fifth bedroom or secondary office. Guest suite in basement with full bath, media room and wet bar.
227 W. 5th Ave. — $1,300,000
Why we love it: This classic brick Dutch colonial is breathtaking from the moment you step i the grand entry foyer. Tasteful upgrades and finishing touches are noticeable throughout the interior.
- Neighborhood: Baker
- Realtor: Justin Hawkins — Homie Colorado
- Specs: 6 beds, 5 baths, 2,619 square feet
- Notable features: Gourmet kitchen with farmhouse sink, subway tile backsplash and enormous contrasting island. Private veranda, seating area, vaulted beam ceilings, walk-in closet with built-ins. Backyard extends the living area with a deck for BBQs, game area, flagstone patio with fire pit. Newly built 600-square-foot living space over three-car garage.
2921 S. Franklin St. — $1,400,000
Why we love it: This mid-century modern home was designed by celebrated Harvard architect Hugh Stubbins, with natural elements that enhance the design. Located in the Arapahoe Acres neighborhood, the first post-WWII neighborhood to get a historic designation and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Neighborhood: Romans Park- Arapahoe Acres
- Realtor: Brent Jones, KiKi Cannon — Kentwood Real Estate Properties
- Specs: 3 beds, 2 baths, 1,987 square feet
- Notable features: Custom millwork flows from the vaulted ceiling and down a feature wall complemented by a sculptural, free-standing brick fireplace. Floor to ceiling glass looks onto front courtyard.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.