4 spooky seasonal activities around Denver
Our second pandemic Halloween is peeking around the corner, but this year is filled with more optimism and excitement.
Details: After taking a year off from chilling events due to the COVID pause, frightening fun can be found for all. To celebrate the spookiest time of year, we’ve put together a list of Halloween outings across Denver, including a murder mystery, ghost tour, haunted house and music experience.
Lady Killers: Masquerade of Murder
- What: A immersive masquerade featuring famous female killers from across history. Tickets start at $35.
- Where: Audacious Theatre
- When: Oct. 8-31, Fridays and Saturdays
- COVID precautions: Attendees are asked to provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 tests from within 72 hours. Masks are encouraged.
The Colorado Symphony plays family favorites from Halloween movies and shows. Musicians and audience members are encouraged to don their costumes. Tickets: $10 for kids, $27 for adults
Where: Boettcher Concert Hall, 1000 14th St.
When: Saturday, Oct. 30 at 2:30pm
COVID precautions: Masks are required and all patrons over 12 years old must show proof of full vaccination. Children under 12 must provide proof of recent negative COVID tests.
Ghosts of Capitol Hill Tour Experience
Hosted by Denver Walking Tours, this small group experience reveals the strange happenings from Denver's past. Tickets: $28 per person
- Where: Start at the southeast corner of W. 13th Ave. and N. Gilpin St., just north of Cheesman Park.
- When: 7 nights per week in October. Fridays and Saturdays May through November
- COVID precautions: The outdoor tour is capped at 20 people and allows participants to easily practice social distancing.
- Note: Most of the remaining October tour dates are sold out or nearly sold out, but be sure to put your name on the waitlist if interested.
13th Floor Haunted House
Among Denver's longest-operating haunted houses, 13th Floor has been named one of the scariest in the U.S., delivering screams, jolts and the creepy-crawlies. Tickets start at $19.99.
- This year's house has three seperate themed areas: Frost-Bite, cryogenic zombies; The Dollmaker and Bad Blood, where vampires and werewolves face off.
- Also new for the year, the ShriekEasy Bar for guests to congregate after walking the house, and the “SubZero Secret Bar” where visitors can pre-pay for a shot with their admission ticket.
Where: 3400 E 52nd Ave.
When: Oct. 19-31, scattered dates in November
COVID precautions: The venue says it follows local guidelines for COVID-19 and strongly encourages guests to wear face masks when social distancing is not possible.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.