Coffee shops have become a remote-work destination amid the rise of "third workplaces," and patios present prime real estate to socially distance.
We're sharing Denver's top coffee shop patios to soak up the final drops of summer and sip some warming beverages before winter hits.
- Nestled on South Pearl Street, the quaint and playful patio feels like a secret garden with its twisting trellises and lush greenery. The airplane fuselage on display is retro — and a big hit with kids.
- Plus: Dogs are welcome!
2. MCA Cafe
- Two words: Rooftop patio. The cafe and bar atop the Museum of Contemporary Art offers unbeatable downtown Denver views, and plenty of privacy so you can get to work.
- Worth noting: A museum ticket is required to access the patio, but we promise the $10 is well worth it.
- This sprawling Park Hill patio is the perfect place to enjoy a cool cup of joe and a couple slices of avocado toast on a sunny day. If you aren't lookin for a caffeinated jolt, grab one of their signature cocktails instead.
- Heaters are there for you on those chilly, autumn days. And it's dog friendly!
- Between the front and back patios at St. Mark's, you and your pup are practically guaranteed seats at this City Park West institution.
- Pro tip: Come for the coffee, but stay for the pastries and paninis.
- Doubling down on the heart of Cherry Creek, Aviano's two trendy locations offer inviting patios and a lively atmosphere.
- Dogs are welcome!
- This one-of-a-kind corner tucked into the upper Highlands has a garden-patio attached to the quirky, multi-room cafe. Not to mention, the staff has a way of making you feel right at home.
- Don't miss: The bomb breakfast burritos and the afternoon-through-evening menu which features craft beer and wine.
- The patio at Logan House Coffee's flagship location in Aurora features a no-fuss, family friendly vibe with plenty of shade and space for kids to play.
- After a cup or two of coffee, patrons can also peruse a variety of other retailers and restaurants scattered around Stanley Marketplace.
- Ample outside seating is available at this Clayton cafe, where the coffee is roasted in-house and the menu is 100% gluten-free. Because Colorado weather can keep you on your toes, the patio is adorned with heaters.
- Plus: Pups are allowed!
- A smattering of seating is available both in the front and back of this eclectic Capitol Hill coffee shop. Both areas are quiet, comfortable and inspire creativity.
- The cafe also sells local art, jewelry, beauty products and more.
- The dog friendly patio at this popular Wash Park cafe stretches along both sides of the shop, offering the perfect balance of sun and shade for guests.
- Pro tip: The staff's welcoming nature will brighten the darkest of days.
- This old-school gem on South Pearl Street features a cute and cozy porch with plenty of shade and coverage on cool or rainy days. Fire pits make the outdoor space usable year-round.
- Pets are welcome, and the dog snacks are complimentary.
- Misters on this Platte Street patio make it a must on hot, sunny days. Cool down with a range of options including CBD cold brew, iced tea and boozy beverages.
- Denver dog-lovers — your furry friends are invited.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.