Here's a new brewery to Czech off your list.
Cohesion Brewing — Colorado's first Czech-inspired brewery — debuted this month in Clayton and is already standing out.
- For starters, the space is unexpectedly elegant, boasting high ceilings, a modern interior and lots of natural light.
- A second surprise: The beer taps are at the front of the bar, not the rear. And that's on purpose — to play up the classic Lukr side-pour faucets designed for the flawless fill.
On the menu are a handful of low-ABV lagers brewed with Old World recipes from Czech Republic and Germany.
- Their names derive from a Czech tradition in which beers are categorized by degree based on their sugar and alcohol content.
The lagers can be ordered in three traditional styles:
- Snyt: a glass with half foam
- Mlíko: a glass nearly full of foam
- Hladinka: a glass with little foam (what you'll get if you don't specify your pour)
If you aren't sure what to get, the bartenders are knowledgeable and friendly — so don't be shy to chat them up.
🍻 Na Zdraví! (Czech for cheers!)
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.