The most popular ZIP codes for potential home buyers in the Denver area are on the outskirts of the city, from Evergreen to Green Valley Ranch, according to data Zillow shared with Axios Denver.
Why it matters: Experts predict demand for residential real estate in Denver won't slow anytime soon. The data helps show where that demand is highest.
Method: Zillow took the number of views Denver listings had for the month of June, then grouped the listings by ZIP code to find the median number of views for each area.
Here are the top five ZIP codes with the highest number of median views, according to Zillow.
- The median home value is $396,800, according to Zillow estimates.
- Median home value: $544,000
- Median home value: $463,100
- Median home value: $409,200
City: Denver (Green Valley Ranch neighborhood up to the airport)
- Median home value: $297,100
Home prices: These ZIP codes are in the middle of the pack when it comes to rising home values over the last five years. According to data Zillow shared with Axios Denver in an earlier story, the Denver-area ZIP codes with the highest appreciation in the last five years saw housing prices increase by around 60%.
- In that period, home values in the most popular ZIP codes noted above grew anywhere from 42.4% (Green Valley Ranch area) to 51.1% (Conifer).
Bottom line: Denver-area buyers are attracted to listings outside of the city where you can get a little more house for your budget.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.