17 of the best suggested names for Colorado's new snow plows
The Colorado Department of Transportation is preparing to announce the winners of its first-ever "Name that Plow" contest for 20 new snow plows joining the state’s fleet.
The agency received more than 1,100 submissions from elementary school students statewide. We dug into the entries and rounded up some of our favorites.
🎥 Ones inspired by Hollywood:
- Baby Snowda; Preschool, Cornerstone Montessori
- The Fast and the Flurriest; 5th grade, Thomas Maclaren School
- Jennifer Snopez; 5th grade, Harmony Ridge P-8
- Justin Biebrrrr; 3rd grade, Harmony Ridge P-8
- Lord Coledemort; 4th grade, Niwot Elementary
- Coldorado; 4th grade, Niwot Elementary
- Kyle Clark’s sweater; 4th grade, Mountain View Elementary School
- Plowcifer; 4th grade, Mountain View Elementary School
- Plowderhorn; 2nd grade, Douglass Valley Elementary
- Blucifer’s Helper; Kindergarten, Saddle Ranch Elementary
- Abolish Ice; 3rd grade, Eagleview Elementary School
- Brrrack Snobama; 3rd grade, Harmony Ridge P-8
A few that just made us laugh:
- Pina Cold-latta; 5th grade, Global Village Academy
- Olaf’s Nightmare; Preschool, Thimmig Elementary
- Grandpa; 4th grade, Elevation Elementary
- Plowy McPlowface; (multiple entries)
- Nomo snow; 3rd grade, Odyssey Elementary
What to watch: The winners could be announced as soon as this week, a CDOT spokesperson tells Axios.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.