The most popular words in Denver Zillow listings
The top term used in Denver home listings was "garage," according to Zillow.
Why it matters: The language in listings give a sense as to what's most desirable in the city's red-hot real estate market, as agents compete to catch a potential buyer's attention.
The top 10 Zillow terms in Denver:
- Garage (44.4%)
- Fireplace (42.3%)
- Patio (40.7%)
- Granite (31.6%)
- Hardwood (28.7%)
- Walk-in closet (28.6%)
- Stainless steel (28.4%)
- Pet/dog/cat condo (27.4%)
- Finished basement (22.6%)
- Master suite (22.5%)
The state of play: Real estate agent Jason Dalbey tells Axios most Denver-area buyers want an updated open-concept home with outdoor space.
- What's in: Flex spaces (home office/gym) and earthy designs with lots of natural light and brass hardware.
- What's out: All-white kitchens.
The big picture: A buyer in Denver isn’t all that different from the average national buyer. Many of the top terms used locally, like garage or walk-in closet, are also common in other markets.
- What sets Denver apart is the emphasis on relaxed living spaces and bespoke earthy design. Dalbey is seeing more blue and green kitchens with understated tile and natural wood floors, for example.
This story first appeared in the Axios Denver newsletter, designed to help readers get smarter, faster on the most consequential news unfolding in their own backyard.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.