Right about now in 2020, the pandemic began to become quite real across Colorado.
Why it matters: March is when the once-in-a-century pandemic changed life as we know it.
- March 5: The first COVID-19 cases are confirmed in Colorado.
- March 12: Colorado schools begin to shut down, a week ahead of a statewide closure order.
- March 13: The first COVID-19 fatality in Colorado is announced.
- March 14: Ski resorts ordered to close early for the season.
- March 16: Restaurants and bars close to in-person dining.
- March 18: Order issued limiting gatherings to 10 people.
- March 20: Rocky Mountain National Park shuts its gates.
- March 23: Denver issues stay-at-home order.
- March 25: Statewide lockdown mandate is issued.
This story first appeared in the Axios Denver newsletter, designed to help readers get smarter, faster on the most consequential news unfolding in their own backyard.
More Denver stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Denver.