“Another Brewery” is opening in NoDa
Atlanta-based Hippin Hops Brewery is no longer expanding into Charlotte.
Co-owners Owner Clarence Boston and Orlando Botero are instead opening a dive bar in its place called Another Brewery.
- “It’s a ‘brewery’ but basically a neighborhood dive that brews its own beer,” says Botero.
Context: We first reported the news about Hippin Hops’ expansion in December 2021. The brewery was supposed to open in summer 2022.
- The new name is a play on the very vocal frustration many Charlotteans have for the city’s growing number of breweries — especially in our Instagram comments section.
- Another Brewery will open in NoDa in about a month or two.
The vibes: Botero says the bar will be casual. “You can expect high-quality bar food (wings, burgers, pizzas, sandwiches, salads), ice cold drinks, darts, games and sports on the TVs,” he added.
- Another Brewery will also host trivia and music bingo a couple of nights a week.
- In addition to beer, the bar will have a full bar with liquor and wine.
Details: Another Brewery will open at Bainbridge NoDa on North Davidson Street. It’s at 2509 North Davidson, across from the original Amelie’s location.
It’ll have indoor and outdoor space, totaling 3,900 square feet.
It’ll be open seven days a week 11am-midnight Sunday-Thursday and 11am-2am Friday and Saturday.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.