Where to watch the NFL Draft in Charlotte
Charlotte is the center of the sports universe for at least one night.
What’s happening: The Carolina Panthers traded up for the No. 1 overall pick in tonight’s NFL Draft, and they’re expected to select a quarterback.
Why it matters: The last time the Panthers had the first overall pick was in 2011, when they drafted a young quarterback named Cam Newton, who would go on to earn league MVP and lead the team to a Super Bowl.
- Now the team is hoping a new head coach and an exciting young quarterback can lead them back to the playoffs, somewhere they haven’t been since 2017.
Details: The NFL Draft starts at 8pm. Here’s where you can catch the first-round action:
At the Bank: You can watch the draft from Bank of America Stadium. Tickets are $5 and proceeds benefit Carolina Panthers Charities.
- Gates open at 6:30pm and the night will wrap up with fireworks and a lights show. On-field activities, which range from a Play 60 kids combine and a 40-yard dash to corn hole, have been moved to the 100-level concourse due to inclement weather.
- There will be appearances from former Panthers including Luke Kuechly, Mike Rucker, Mike Tolbert and Wesley Walls, as well as Sir Purr, TopCats and PurrCussion the Black & Blue Crew. Panthers play-by-play announcer Anish Shroff and Panthers Legend Jake Delhomme will host the party.
Out and about: Stop by your favorite watering hole. Several are throwing watch parities, including Angry Ale’s and Ten58. [Of note: This is not a comprehensive list.]
- Angry Ale’s draft party runs from 11am until 2am. There will be Panthers gear giveaways and drink specials, including $5 Panthers shots, $5 Bazooka Joe shots, $6 mule fuel and $6 pitchers of beer. It’s located at 1518 Montford Dr.
- Ten 58, former Panther Thomas Davis’ new bar, will host a party from 5-9pm. It’s located at 430 W. 4th St.
At home: There’s nothing like the comfort of your own couch. The draft will be broadcast on NFL Network, ESPN, ABC and ESPN Deportes.
Editor’s note: This story was updated to include that on-field activations planned for the Panthers draft party have been moved to the 100-level concourse.
More Charlotte stories
No stories could be found
Get a free daily digest of the most important news in your backyard with Axios Charlotte.